BEAMSTOP’R Laser Safety Rooms are custom-sized to fit your specifications. Each laser safety room is constructed of 2 1/4” thick panels with black, powder coated steel trim on the top, bottom and sides. The core is covered in our patented B-35 Laserguard fabric on the inside of the room and Wilsonart laminate on the outside
The Laser Safety Room is a modular solution developed by BEAMSTOP’R for a work environment where multiple projects are ongoing and a self-contained laser-blocking safety area is essential.
· 2 x 4 standard acoustical drop ceiling
· 3 bulbs t8 fluorescent lighting with electronic ballast
· Ceiling mount ultrasonic/infrared sensor to prevent false activation of lighting
· Thick double-sided masonite door with flame-retardant core
· 7000 BTU heater/air conditioner combination unit-120 volt with remote control
· Optional security door and/or Limit switch to deactivate laser when the door is open
· Acrylic laser rated viewing window
· ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant entrance lockset (options are available to meet building hardware requirements)
Class 3b (Class IIIb) and Class 4 (Class IV) lasers are dangerous and can present a very real eye hazard over a long distance which ordinary fabrics are incapable of stopping. A specially designed and manufactured laser blocking material – like Beamstop’r B-35 Laserguard is required.
B-35 Laserguard fabric has been designed to meet the needs of all industries using lasers of all classifications. It is designed for use in Medical facilities, manufacturing, Universities, Research and Development, as well as for use by the military.
B-35 Laserguard is black, blackout, lightweight and flexible, flame retardant and provides “superior” laser blocking capability.
B-35 Laserguard fabric is manufactured to confine stray laser plume. Should a stray beam hit a panel, non-hazardous smoke may appear and the area may glow, thus indicating a stray beam is present